Semi homemade, quick, and easy- this recipe doesn’t take a rocket scientist to create! Strawberry cake with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream. It’s so much easier than it sounds!
1 box Strawberry cake mix
1 pint heavy whipping cream
2 tbs powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
cocoa powder/flavored coffee creamer (optional flavoring)
1. Mix and make strawberry cake mix according to box directions in 2 round cake pans. Let cool completely
2. While the cakes are baking and cooling dice half of your strawberries. Remove the tops and half the rest.
3. pour COLD heavy whipping cream into bowl/mixer. Begin beating until the cream starts to thicken. Add powdered sugar and vanilla.
4. At this point you can personalize the flavor of the whipped cream. Add some cocoa powder, flavored coffee creamer, really anything you’d like. I LOVE adding a splash of hazelnut creamer. Something about the nutty goes so well with the sweet of the cake and strawberries.
5. Continue to beat until the mixture becomes stiff and forms peaks.
7. Add the second cake on top. Spread the rest of the whipped cream and lay the halved strawberries on top.
You now have a fabulous semi-homemade strawberry cake! Perfect for summer and people will think you spent all day in the kitchen!