I love my boyfriend. He is absolutely darling. I appreciate when he goes grocery shopping. I love how he tries to save money by buying things in larger quantities. I do not however, love when he doesnt seperate said large quantities of…chicken, ground meats etc. SO, I had 4 lbs of chicken to figure out what to do with. This is my first recipe.
2 large chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of chicken with herbs (you can use 2 regular cream of chickens but using one with herbs makes it a bit easier)
1 can of milk
Handful of Garlic Butter Ritz
Handful of Town House Garlic Herb Flipside Pretzels
2 cups Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles (the short thin ones)
3 tbs butter
1. Cook chicken thoroughly in the oven. 350 for about 30-45 min depending on how big/thick. I did a drizzle of olive oil salt/pepper. Chop into bite sized pieces
2. Combine 2 cans cream of chicken soup, and use empty soup can to add in milk. Salt/pepepr
3. Crush the Ritz crackers and Flipsides in a bag together to make crumbs
4. Grease a 13×9 baking dish. Spoon a thin layer of soup/milk mix, add a layer of noodles, layer of cracker crumbs and a layer of chicken. Repeat until all ingredients are gone.
5. Make sure to top with cracker crumbs. Slice 3 tbs butter into thin pads. Place on top of caserole.
6. Heat up 325 for about 30 min to allow the noodles to absorb the liquid from the soup.
7. Once heated all of the way through- ENJOY!