The mice will play! My dad is down in Florida on a business trip. My brother is on a business trip with his internship this week. That leaves my mother, the 3 dogs and I home for the week! MWAHAHAHAHA! Yes, that is my evil laugh. Other than prepping the house for my brothers high school graduation party, I get free range of the kitchen and a little bit more wiggle room without the picky boys home.
First up on the menu for dinner- Stuffed loaded potatoes! This recipe is super flexible based on what you like in and on your potatoes. This is what my ma and I did.
2 large red potatoes
Cheese of your choice
Any herbs/seasoning- basil, rosemary, oregano etc of your choice
Garlic- fresh minced or powdered
Onion- fresh minced or dried
1. Scrub the potatoes and cut them in half. Boil until soft.
2. With a spoon or melon baller remove the insides, kind of like a potato skin and put in a bowl
3. With the insides of the potatoes mash in the sour cream, cheese, herbs, garlic and onion to taste
4. Refill the potatoes with the mash and cover with cheese. Place halves in a cupcake tin to help keep them up.
5. Put in the oven for a few minutes for the cheese to melt or under the broiler until the cheese has melted and browned.