Potatoes are one of the most versatile foods out there. Seriously. Think about it. Oh, and they’re just generally awesome. I make these more tame potatoes to go with my Mmm Mmm Meatloaf, since the meatloaf already has loads of flavor. They’re quick, easy and sure to please.
6-8 red potatoes really as many as you need
2 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped onion
Preheat oven to 350
1. Dirty peel and rinse potatoes
2. Chop potatoes into cubes, put in a pot of COLD water and begin to bring them up to a boil
3. Rough chop about 1/4 of an onion, you should get about 1/2 of a cup
4. Mince 2 cloves of garlic
5. Add the garlic and onion to the pot
6. Boil the potatoes until you can cut them with the spoon and strain.
7. Drizzle olive oil into a baking dish and dump in potatoes
8. Crack fresh black pepper and salt on top. Grate or sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top-as much as you’d like. Give it a little drizzle of olive oil on top.
9. Put dish in the oven uncovered. The potatoes should be pretty well cooked through, so putting them in the oven just finishes that process, melts the cheese and helps the flavors meld. I left mine in for about 20 minutes. 🙂
Serve nice and hot! Sour cream on the side is an option…but then it’s always an option in my life! 🙂