One of the joys of being in a relationship is collecting and learning recipes. This happens to be one of my new favorites! Filling, easy, warm, and perfect for a cold winters day, this crock pot soup takes about 5 minutes to throw together. Seriously. There’s almost no prep time.
1lb bag tortellini- cheese or meat
1 8oz pack of cream cheese
16 oz can/jar of tomato sauce
1 lb ground beef
1-2 garlic cloves
1. Dump in the tortellini, tomato sauce, and thawed ground beef into the crock pot. Make sure the ground beef is broken up.
2. Add in the cream cheese and split it up a bit so that it is not in one giant block.
3. Mince/chop garlic and onion and add to the pot.
4. Add in a few fresh basil leaves or about a table spoon of dried
5. Set on high and stir occasionally for at least 3 hours. The tortellini should be soft, any meat should be cooked through, the cream cheese should be melted and incorporated.
This whole process could be sped up by doing it in a pot on the stove if needed, or put in a crock pot on low for the day. Serve with a good hearty bread and eat up! Possible additions or substitutions include: diced tomatoes, chicken or a ground meat like turkey or venison, meat tortellini, or meatballs.