I shouldn’t be left home alone. It can get dangerous. Having days off between sub jobs and working at JoAnn’s can create this problem. The following recipe is brought to you by “home alone and hungry.”
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tea spoon baking soda
1/2 tea spoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 1/2 cups flour
1-2 cups mini marshmallows
1 bag of chocolate chips of your choice (or more! we had some bags with some left overs that I used as well)
Pre-heat oven to 375
- Combine oil, vanilla, and sugars until combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time
- Sift baking soda, cornstarch, flour, and salt- slowly add to mixer
- Add SOME chocolate chips, or none at all. I chose not to add any because I am slathering these guys with chocolate on top!
- Grease a 13×9 baking pan and smoosh in the cookie dough. Bake for 8 minutes. KEEP AN EYE ON THEM! You don’t want them to completely cook because they’re going back in!
- Sprinkle chocolate chips thoroughly over the top and slip back in the oven for a minute or two until the chips are melty. If you so choose, at this point you can pull it out of the oven and smear the chocolate into a nice layer over the whole thing. (I forgot to take a pic of the melted chocolate)
- Put marshmallows on top and place back in the oven. Make sure that the marshmallows cover the majority of the surface to avoid burning the chocolate! At this point I turned the broiler on just enough to warm and toast the marshmallows.
8. Serve while still warm! These are great completely cooled, or thrown in the microwave for 15 seconds or so just warm everything back up again!