I thoroughly enjoy cinnamon. I’ve been on a fall spice kick for quite some time now. Nothing beats cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves all mixed up into something. They are warm and spicey and homey and wonderful. This recipe doesn’t have all of those but it’s still pretty tastey! My house likes muffins. They are quick, easy and filling to eat and just as quick and easy to whip up. I was inspired to make these yummy guys for a quick gran and go breakfast!
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup of brown sugar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, oil and milk all together in a bowl. I used a hand whisk to mix it all together until it was smooth.
2. In a seprate bowl mix the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. This will be sprinkled on top.
2. Line muffin tray with liners. Use a 1/4 to fill each liner.
3. Sprinkle each muffin with the brown sugar/cinnamon
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until a knife poked into the center comes out clean. I love how they puffed up!
They are definitely best if eaten warm! Store in an air tight container (if they happen to last that long)!
Makes 1 dozen. This is a very easily double-able recipe and is highly suggested!