After spending my afternoon floating around reading “The Jane Austen Handbook,” and drinking my favorite Summer Tea, I got to make dinner!
1 cup chopped onion
4-6 Boneless/Skinless pork chops
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup EVOO
Fresh Green Beans
3 tablespoons butter
8-10 red potatoes (as many or as little as you need really)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Marble Jack
REAL Bacon bits
1. Mince the onion and clove of garlic. We had a little baby onion from our garden that was the perfect size! Add almost all of them too a bowl. You’ll need about a tablespoon of the onion/garlic for the potatoes.
2. Add the EVOO, salt and pepper, and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce to the onion and garlic in the bowl. Add in the thawed pork chops. Shake around to distribute the marinade.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 400. Start a pot on the stove to pre-boil the potatoes.
4. Dirty peel and chop your potatoes. Add them to the water with the remainder onion and garlic. Boil until soft NOT mushy.
5. Create a foil pocket, spray with non-stick spray. Dump the pork chops and marinade into the pocket. Wrap up, and place on a baking sheet with sides.
6. Grease a baking dish. Add half of your potatoes. Cover with half of the cheese and bacon. Dump rest of potatoes on top. Cover with remaining cheese and bacon. Cut up 2 tablespoons of butter to add on top. Cover with foil.
7. Add potatoes to the oven with the pork chops. The pork should be in for a total of 30-45 minutes depending on how thick the chops are. The potatoes really just need to melt and have the flavors meld together and should be in for about 20-30 minutes.
8. As everything finishes cooking, boil your green beans until soft and strain. Toss in your last tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
9. Pull everything out, make a plate and ENJOY!