IT’S HAPPENING! The strawberries are coming in!
All of that tender loving care popping buds, rearranging shoots, weeding, watering and loving has paid off! To read more about taking care of these precious plants check out Root and Shoot. The buds on the plants are everywhere! The strawberries are coming in so S L O W L Y right now that we are only getting a few at a time. What is a girl to do!? Well, they’re not lemons but I make lemonade! Pink lemonade that is!
Pink Lemonade mix
1. In a large pitcher muddle cleaned and sliced strawberries with blueberries.
2. Add in pink lemonade mix and fill pitcher. I usually start with some warm water to help dissolve the powder then switch to cool. Give a good stir.
Throw in some ice, and serve in a mason jar with a good book!
For those of you who like to make homemade lemonade, I’ve got you covered.
4 cups of water
2-3 cups of sugar depending on how sweet you like it
3 cups of lemon juice- a lot of lemons
1. Juice as many lemons as it takes to get 3 cups of lemon juice. You may need to strain after to remove pulp if you have that problem.
2. In a medium sauce pan combine sugar and water on medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved
3. In a pitcher muddle strawberries and blueberries.
4. Pour the lemon juice and sugar water over the fruit
5. Stir well and refrigerate until cool.
As with the other recipe, throw in some ice cubes, serve in a mason jar and pair with a good book!