I love when my mommy wants me to make meatloaf. I like meatloaf. A lot. But I don’t like when “weird” things are done to it. I’ve made it a number of ways over the years, but this is my favorite!
1lb ground beef
1/2lb ground pork
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup seasoned panko
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 packet Lipton French Onion Soup
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1//4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons bread crumbs (panko or regular)
We use pork and ground beef to make it a bit bigger because we love meatloaf, and because it’s kind of a bit healthier. We use lean ground beef as well. The nice part about using the seasoned bread crumbs as well as the french onion soup, is that there is no need for extra seasoning! It’s already done for you!
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Use your hands and just enough to combine all of the ingredients as evenly as possible.
2. I put the bowl in the fridge to marinate for the afternoon. You can skip this step and go right to baking. Pre-heat your oven to 350.
3. Spray a baking dish with non-stick or some olive oil. Place the meat in the dish and press out until it is about an inch and a half thick.
4. Sprinkle the cheeses and bread crumbs on top of the loaf. Cover with foil.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes and remove the foil. Bake uncovered to melt and crisp up the cheese for another 10-15.
6. Remove, slice and ENJOY!