Having done mission trips through a southern based organization, to say I’ve grown up with southern sweet tea is an understatement. My mother’s recipe is a collaboration of an Alabama recipe and a North Carolina recipe. She made it during one of our mission trips and auctioned off two gallons to go towards our mission fund that week. Both gallons went for HUNDREDS of dollars. Poor Southern boys were a wreck up North here without their sweet iced tea.
MY tea, is not southern sweet tea. There is not 2 cups of sugar. No peaches were harmed in the making of this tea either. It’s fruity, fun and refreshing.
2 Black Cherry Berry and 2 True Blueberry teabags
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup honey
Fresh Strawberries (optional)
Lots of water
1. Heat water in a pot until it starts boiling.
2. Add sugar, honey and the 4 tea bags
3. Allow to boil about 30 seconds and remove from heat. Let the bags steep for about 10 minutes.
4. While the tea is steeping, slice up some strawberries! When I got to the house today Eric had been out in the patch and picked an entire bowl of the little red rubies! Talk about FRESH!
5. I poured the tea into a pitcher to chill for about an hour.
6. Pour into a mason jar, add strawberries AND ENJOY!
Check out that back porch view!
And because I’m not spoiled enough, I spent my afternoon floating around the pool, drinking tea and reading “The Jane Austen Handbook.” I’d like to clarify, I spent my whole weekend working retail, I have EARNED this lazy day. 😉 That book review will be up tomorrow!