As the school year is approaching, I am stocking up on desk snacks. I LOVE food, and tend to graze throughout the day instead of solid meals. This doesn’t usually work for teachers, but thankfully I have an awesome schedule that will allow me to do just that throughout my school day. Along with Goldfish, Nutella, chocolate chip muffins, and popcorn, I wanted something with a bit more substance. I’ve made these chocolate peanut butter balls before, but these have the added benefit of whey protein. The particular kind that I use also has added energy- B12, caffeine etc.
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 cup oats
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 10g scoops of protein- I use whey protein and use a flavor that goes with this recipe- vanilla or chocolate
- In a bowl, warm peanut butter and honey in the microwave until it is a bit runny so that it will mix easier.
- In a separate bowl, combine your protein, oats and mini chocolate chips
- Once the peanut butter and honey are warmed, pour into the other ingredients and fold in. If the mixture still seems dry and crumbly, add a bit more warmed peanut butter. It should form a nice ball and hold together well.
- Using a 1 inch ice cream scoop, or teaspoons, scoop out the mix onto wax paper.
- Allow to set for about an hour. Keep in an air tight container or separate into snack bags for a quick grab.
This recipe made 34 small protein balls. 3 or 4 is just enough so they will make it a week! It took me less than 20 minutes to make!!!! I am going to keep a bag of these guys in my desk for a great afternoon pick me up! Happy snacking!